General Networking/Lan/Wan/wireless router

I want to put a wireless router(d-link dir-615) on my network at work and add wireless cameras
my network IP is and I can program the cameras to have an IP of
my question/problem is every time I try to set it up either I can see the network and not see the cameras or see the cameras and not see the network
am I using the wrong router?

Hi Mike,

Sounds like a routing or security/permissions problem.  Thing is that you added a router but you may have not actually setup the routing, given what else is there.  And I'm not sure what that is, since there aren't more details.  At this point I can only guess that perhaps you need a route setup on your normal LAN router - so that packets from the LAN know how to get to the wireless camera network.  But that's only a guess since there just isn't enough information here for me to really understand how things are setup.

fyi - I am not a fan of Dlink, but that isn't to say that you can't get this stuff working with it.  But I have been unimpressed with their products in the past and will never try them again.

Follow-up if you like!  Sorry that I can't be more helpful yet but really I just don't have much to go on.

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K

Specialist in leveraging technology toward fulfilling a customer's business objectives: enhancing revenues and giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Networks: architecture, design, monitoring and trouble-shooting
Technologies: Bandwidth Management (QoS), WAN Optimization, Application Performance Management (APM), User Experience Management

Over 20 years in computers and networking. Strong, broad-based expertise from years in Operations and Sales Engineering at major corporations and hardware vendors.

B.A., various courses in computers and networking as well as many many years of OJT (on the job training) and real-world experience.