General Networking/Lan/Wan/no internet connection

I have a Toshiba satellite p105-s6147. I can connect to my network it shows up as unidentified network access local only. Could this be the reason I can't access the internet?

Hello Jamie,

Sorry for the delay I've been out-of-town for the holiday. Thank you for the question.
However, I do need some more information before I can answer the question.
Please provide the following details; What operating system you are using?
How are you connecting to the Internet is it Wire or Wireless connection? Do you have Norton or any other Software firewall installed. Was the Internet working prior to this event, and if so did you install any updates or Software before this events? Finally, do you have an updated Anti-virus software working on your laptop?

Thank You for your cooperation

MK Computer Consulting

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Network Design and Troubleshoot, LAN, Wiring, Switching, Routing, and Network Security. VOIP setup and design. Wireless Network Setting and Testing. Cisco Routing and Switching. VPN Setup.

Small Medium Size Business Network Issues, VPN, VOIP, Routing, Switching, GB Ethernet, Fiber Network, Call Center Voice Network, Server 2K/2K3, Cisco Networking, Sonicwall VPN, Electronic Medical Records (EMR).

BS, MA Network Security, CCNA Training, PMG NetAnalyst: Wireless and IP Routed Networks certify. Fluke CCIT/DTX Cable analyzer testing certify.