General Networking/Lan/Wan/advice on ccie

Question
QUESTION: helloo me. Gupta, greeting of the day. Sir i need ur advice on cisco track. According to your is it worth 2 do CCIE-RnS, whats ur take on this? M confused between RnS, Security. Howevr as m not teachincal background? People from this networking industry are dis-courging  me for VOICE. Sir looking at the future market of CCIE, should i go ahead with CCIE-RnS. M deeply concerd about job propectus. M shore u mst b aware abut the stauration in th RnS. Plz share ur views. Thnx in advance. If possible reply at the earliest. Amit

ANSWER: hi Amit,
Apologies for a late reply. It depends on how you want to shape your career up. If you want to be in networking Cisco R&S is a given. If its security or voice, Cisco certificates can help but they are not end of all. For Security if you do CISSP along with CCIE-Security it helps. For voice you would need to add something more like either from Avaya or Aspect or dome core voice transport experience of setting up call-centers or voice networks.

Experience is more important than the certifications.
-sudhanhu

QUESTION: mM, Gupta thnx for the reply..!!
i totally agree with your points.
but mr. Gupta again a weird question?
M in a big big dilemma.
sir, should i go ahead with CCIE-RnS?
coz i beleve being a fresher,non Techie, (m a BA-Poltical science graduate)
CCIE-VOICE is a not an exam to crack?

plz share your thoughts.

regards
amit

Answer
You are right, Amit. If you have not study subjects like computer networking or programming it would really be tough. In my opinion, try CCNA (R&S) first. Maybe it will give you an idea on what to expect. If you clear, get a job on similar line, practice for two-three years and then go for CCIE (R&S).
-sudhanshu

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Sudhanshu Gupta