General Networking/Lan/Wan/Cell Phone Voice Recorder.

QUESTION: Dear Jeff‎

All incoming calls and outgoing calls are to be recorded made to
a cellphone device consumer from land line (wired) and cellphones, smartphones (wireless) devices.

i.e. The consumer can later on play all the calls received and send with the called date and time i.e. audio files.

The above devices mentioned in the link interfaced with the Cell Phone / smartphone device can solve the consumer business needs ?.

Software applications for voice recording on cellphones, smartphones can also address these business needs ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant,

This is now at least the 4th time that you have sent your homework to me.  I've pasted earlier one's down below - so that you might realize how very ridiculous this has gotten.  So far, I have rejected each of these with a "click" that says - question rejected - homework question".  Apparently, you feel that you don't need to do what your Professor wants and that we are here to do it for you.  I assure you that this is not the case.  Would you PLEASE STOP sending us your homework?  It's a pretty good bet that you have sent these to others as well.

We MIGHT consider helping - if you would first actually put in some EFFORT - and give us your best answer to review.  But that isn't what you do - you just send it off to us.  Sorry but we have real work to do - and there are people who need our help and that is why we are here.

Subject:  USB Switches and Hubs.
From:  Prashant S Akerkar
Asked:  9/26/13
Rejected:  9/26/13
Reason:  homework question   
Dear Jeff‎‎

Can there be advantages in manufacturing Ethernet based USB Switches and Hubs similar to Ethernet 10/100 MBPS, Gigabit Ethernet switches for sharing computers and peripherals ?. For example : 24 port Ethernet Switch / Hub having USB Ports on the Device, the Data transfer will be through USB Cables connected from USB Ports to computers (servers,laptops,workstations,peripherals etc) having USB LAN controllers. i.e. Comparing data transfer speeds offered by 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet v/s USB technology. Awaiting your reply, Thank

Subject:  Wireless Hubs and Switches Networking De
From:  Prashant S Akerkar
Asked:  12/10/12
Rejected:  12/10/12
Reason:  homework question   
Dear Jeff
1. Similar to Hubs and Switches Networking Devices which are used for connecting computers (Lan Card - Ethernet Port) physically wired to different Ethernet ports of Hubs and Switches with UTP cables, is it also possible to manufacture Wireless Hubs and Switches ? Example : i.e. A wireless LAN Ethernet Card connected to a Wireless 24 Port Ethernet Hub or Wireless 24 Port Ethernet Switch ? 2. Can Cascading possible also in Wireless Switches or Wireless Hubs ? Awaiting your reply, Thanks & Regards, Prashant S

Subject:  Computer Peripherals Sharing on Network.
From:  Prashant S Akerkar
Asked:  5/18/12
Rejected:  5/18/12
Reason:  homework question   Dear Jeff We use so may computer peripherals viz input, output and other devices. Examples of input devices : keyboard, mouse, scanner, Graphics Tablet etc Examples of output devices : Monitor, Printer, Plotter etc Other Peripherals : Modem, Tape Device, Digital Cameras, Microphones, Loudspeakers, Flash Drives (Pen Drives) etc Secondary Memory Device : Hard Disk (Storage) As we see some of the Peripherals and Devices are useful to be shared on a computer network for example : modem, printer, plotter, hard disk, pen drive etc 1. Do you feel other devices viz Scanner, Tape Drive, Digital Cameras, Monitor, Microphone, Loudspeaker, Keyboard, Mouse etc if shared on a network could be useful ? 2. A Excel sheet creation of all those Devices and Peripherals which can be shared and not shared on a network could be useful for classificatio

Thank you.

I Feel this is a critical Business application for all wireless phone devices.

As a example, Businessman interacts with so many people via voice calls
apart from personal calls viz Existing clients, Prospective clients, vendors, suppliers, employees, partners etc. The calls made from his side and the calls which he receives are to be logged in call recording hardware device which is externally interfaced with the wireless phone device.

Call recording software applications built for the wireless phone devices which will record and playback those calls later.

In Fact, i feel this feature is useful for all the consumers who have purchased the wireless phone device.

In terms of second solution, the wireless call recording device (another gadget) will register the consumer wireless cellphone number will work on bluetooth technology, but the consumer has to carry every time along with his cellphone device.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Your link doesn't work - it just goes to ebay, not to a specific list of products, as is your intent.   So I can't know if any of them fit the requirements (as consumer, for business).  I'd be careful to not make blatant statements that are your opinions like "this feature is useful for all the consumers etc ...".  Not all consumers or business users HAVE that need.  So why suggest that they do something that they won't use or need?

But ... you may wish to offer an alternative solution - along with answering your professors direct dual question - which is to leverage an App in the phone - to accomplish the same stated requirements - all without extra gear.  I mean, really, WHO would want to lug around ANYTHING extra to record calls when the smart phone can do it all for you - then get those calls off via bluetooth (or micro usb port).  That would be a better solution by far!

I hope this helps!

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K

Specialist in leveraging technology toward fulfilling a customer's business objectives: enhancing revenues and giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

Networks: architecture, design, monitoring and trouble-shooting
Technologies: Bandwidth Management (QoS), WAN Optimization, Application Performance Management (APM), User Experience Management

Over 20 years in computers and networking. Strong, broad-based expertise from years in Operations and Sales Engineering at major corporations and hardware vendors.

B.A., various courses in computers and networking as well as many many years of OJT (on the job training) and real-world experience.