General Networking/Lan/Wan/? on WiFI

Jeff K wrote at 2014-10-29 01:17:13
It might help or it might not.  Ultimately, your ISP connection is usually your limiting factor, which is the case for me.

I have 10 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up.  So, whether I have 802.11N or 802.11AC it would make NO DIFFERENCE at all in my situation.

We would actually need to know more about what kind of connection you have, before we'd actually KNOW anything at all.  Unless you have a VERY fast connection - something faster than 30 down and 10 up, it probably wouldn't make any real difference at all.

Scott probably has a really good connection, and that is why it helped him.  802.11ac is also full duplex, so that played into it.  

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Scottgem