General Networking/Lan/Wan/Bluetooth Digital Camera

Dear Ralph‎

Is it possible to Transfer Digitally captured images from a Source Digital Camera to a Destination Digital Camera using Bluetooth Wireless Technology ?.

The Source and Destination digital cameras may or may not be manufactured from the same company.

i.e. Images captured from Camera A - Source ere to be transferred to Camera B - Destination.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant, and thanks for your question.

It is certainly possible to transfer files, including image files, between two devices using Bluetooth.  This is something that the Bluetooth standard permits.  However, in order for this to work between two given cameras, they both must support Bluetooth file transfer in the camera's own software.  There are several cameras that support Bluetooth file transfer, but I don't know of any that support camera-to-camera transfers.

If you already own a camera the supports Bluetooth, I recommend contacting the manufacturer.  They may offer a firmware upgrade that supports the transfer function you are looking for, or they may add it in a future upgrade.

Good luck, and I hope this helps,

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Ralph Becker

General networks, including LAN (ethernet, cable modem, DSL), dialup (modems), WAN (frame relay, ATM), and other related networking technologies.

I have worked for 20 years in various network companies, in capacities including development, customer service, and operations.
Check out my bio/ratings page!