General Networking/Lan/Wan/Teamviewer Application Usage in Internet Cybercafe

Dear John‎

Will Cybercafe owner will allow to download and install teamviewer application on their PC for Surfers/ Browsers to connect to Remote Computers or the other Party to connect to their PC via Teamviewer application ?.

The Surfers are accessing the Internet by paying fee to Cybercafe Owner for every hour/s.

Will there be impact on Internet Bandwidth while remote session is
initiated with another machine through teamviewer application ?.
i.e. Whether Overall network will slow down ?.

As a example suppose there are 10 computers in Internet cybercafe so the other 9 Surfers who are surfing/browsing the internet will get a slow internet connection speed ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

1. Each cyber cafe will have it's own rules on whether you can install software or not. An option you can try is teamviewer portable it does not need to be installed it is a portable app than can be downloaded and run or used from a USB stick -

2. The internet cafe's Internet is shared by users, so depending on the amount of bandwidth the Cafe has purchased and what others users are doing, yes you could see performance degradation as more users get online or consume bandwidth with the tasks they are doing.  

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Maury Kosh

I have Knowledge in Large Enterprise architecture and design and I am able to answer most of your security, antivirus, and operating system questions. Experience in the area

Over 20 years in the IT industry. 12 of them in Architecture and design in Large heterogeneous networks. I have spent the last 10 years of my career working in the healthcare industry where the security of patient data is of vital importance.

Trained in: Microsoft Cisco Citrix Virtualization (VMWARE, Citrix) SAN (EMC, Netapp) Several firewall technologies Ethical Hacking Multiple Enterprise case server vendors Backup and recovery technologies