General Networking/Lan/Wan/Virtual Private NetworK (VPN) V/S RDP Remote Server Connectivity.

Dear Ralph‎‎

What could be the probable reasons that one is unable to establish connectivity to a VPN Server using VPN Client software ?.

But one is always able to establish connectivity to a RDP Server using RDP Client software.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi again Prashant,

VPN access adds a layer of encryption to a remote connection.  The primary reason for VPN failures is authentication.  If the VPN cannot authenticate the incoming connection, it will fail.  It can also fail if the VPN cannot negotiate a common set of connection and encryption protocols so the client and server can talk.  

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Ralph Becker

General networks, including LAN (ethernet, cable modem, DSL), dialup (modems), WAN (frame relay, ATM), and other related networking technologies.

I have worked for 20 years in various network companies, in capacities including development, customer service, and operations.
Check out my bio/ratings page!