General Networking/Lan/Wan/wifi antenna compatibility

Question
i'm looking to replace the antenna for a desktop pci wireless n (802.11n) card.  i found some on ebay that state that they're compatible with 802.11g.  does that mean that it won't work for my card?

thanks!

Answer
Hi Steve,

Assuming the the model you found on eBay has the appropriate physical connector to attach to your card then yes it "will work".  BUT ... it may or may not support the 802.11n performance standard.  You could send a message through eBay to the seller and ask the question.

Please bear in mind that you can probably buy a USB 802.11 b/g/n adapter for $10-15, so perhaps it is a better option than to replace the antennae on an older card?  There are lots of these available on newegg.com and amazon.com.

Good luck!

J

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Jeff K