General Networking/Lan/Wan/Internet problems

I have a 2008 laptop that's not wifi ready. It doesn't have wifi.

How do I get an internet connection on it, and what are all the things I need to connect to the internet on my laptop.

Thank you.

What you will need to do is verify what type of ports your laptop has available. IE: USB port or PCMCIA slot. Then once you have that you will need to purchase a wireless network card that fits one of the open slots on your laptop.
Once you have that installed you will need to follow manufacturers directions to get the driver installed and you should be good to go!

PS: your local computers stores will be able to have a look at your laptop and get you what you need.

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Maury Kosh

I have Knowledge in Large Enterprise architecture and design and I am able to answer most of your security, antivirus, and operating system questions. Experience in the area

Over 20 years in the IT industry. 12 of them in Architecture and design in Large heterogeneous networks. I have spent the last 10 years of my career working in the healthcare industry where the security of patient data is of vital importance.

Trained in: Microsoft Cisco Citrix Virtualization (VMWARE, Citrix) SAN (EMC, Netapp) Several firewall technologies Ethical Hacking Multiple Enterprise case server vendors Backup and recovery technologies