General Networking/Lan/Wan/Internet connection/proxy

I cannot connect to Google Chrome or Internet Explorer; I keep getting an error message about not being able to connect to the proxy, but as far as I know I don't use one-I looked at the settings for internet and the proxy ones are greyed out so I couldn't change them if I wanted to. Windows Vista is my operating system. I am currently using Firefox but would like to be able to use Google Chrome and in fact at one time I was able to use it and Internet Explorer but I might have lost the ability when I switched my computer settings from wireless to nonwireless temporarily. How can I fix this?

you have a virus... try the following...

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . ...
   Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
   Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
   Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
   In the Address box, type the address of the proxy server.

this should remove the changes... if its an agressive virus the issue will return...

if thats the case... save all your files and reinstall your operating system from scratch... its cheaper than going to a pc repair store...

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Norman Davis

Basic Network Questions, home networks and Lan issues in an office environment.

5 years troubleshooting network issues in copier dealership

A+ Certification