General Networking/Lan/Wan/Lcd panel display for Bus stops.

Question
Dear Scottgem

Do you recommend to have Lcd panel display for Bus stops displaying Bus numbers and Destinations?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
This is really not a networking question but a marketing question. So I[m going to answer with my opinion. Having LCD screens at bus stops is a maintenance night mare. They are too easily broken, stolen etc. I would be more inclined to have scrolling marquee type boxes that display info and placed high enough to inhibit vandalism.

I would also be inclined to offer regular commuters a mobile app that could display routes, fare and a GPS tracking to know when the next bus would arrive.

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Scottgem