General Networking/Lan/Wan/Default Gateway

Question
ipconfig
ipconfig  
I've allotted a Dynamic ip address by my ISP(mtnl) and and my subnet mask is 255.255.255.255 Gateway is 0.0.0.0 why this is my question.
why my default gateway is 0.0.0.0
from where my connection coming from when gateway is 0.0.0.0 ?

Answer
This is a new feature on networking devices where you are assigned a /32 block as a security and better usage of ip block. Isp run a script to assign dns which is again hidden from subscribers as if it's a locally connected network. 0.0.0.0 has the specific meaning "unspecified". This roughly translates to "there is none" in the context of a gateway. Of course, this means that the network is locally connected, as there is no next hop.
Hope this clarifies.  

General Networking/Lan/Wan

Sudhanshu Gupta