General Retail Business Issues/which product sells the most?

Question
Hello. My question is does coffee or women's dress shoes sell more as far as online and in the united states? What about international? I'm looking to sell online starting with my own drop ship web site that sells women's shoes and hand bags or coffee and tea. I hope this is the proper category. Thanks.

Answer
Chris,
If your question is number of items then Coffee and tea wins if it is dollar volume of sales then shoes wins. However, in both categories you have significant competition. In Coffee and Tea you are competing with all the coffee specialists (think Starbucks.com) as well as Amazon Pantry and in shoes you are competing with Zappos and every department store out there as well as designers own web sites.
You need a specific reason why customers would find your site and why they would order from you and not the other sites.  

General Retail Business Issues

James E. Dion