General Retail Business Issues/which product sells the most?

Hello. My question is does coffee or women's dress shoes sell more as far as online and in the united states? What about international? I'm looking to sell online starting with my own drop ship web site that sells women's shoes and hand bags or coffee and tea. I hope this is the proper category. Thanks.

If your question is number of items then Coffee and tea wins if it is dollar volume of sales then shoes wins. However, in both categories you have significant competition. In Coffee and Tea you are competing with all the coffee specialists (think as well as Amazon Pantry and in shoes you are competing with Zappos and every department store out there as well as designers own web sites.
You need a specific reason why customers would find your site and why they would order from you and not the other sites.  

General Retail Business Issues

James E. Dion

Most questions about trends in specialty retail, how customers are changing both in the US and Europe. Demographics for all countries as they relate to retail trends and issues. Store Operations, Buying and Merchandising.

Over 40 years in the retail industry, store level, store manager, buyer, merchandise manager, Vice President.

BS Psychology, MS Psychology, PhD(abd) Industrial Psychology Illinois Institute of Technology

Microsoft, Harley-Davidson, Ritz-Carlton, Hummer, Williams-Sonoma, Ace Hardware, Coleman Spas, Aldo, Intel, Dell, Safeway, New Balance, IBM, Kodak, Bata International, Nortel Networks, Honey Baked Ham Co., Man Alive, Highsmith
B.S Chicago State University M.S. Chicago State University PhD (abd) Illinois Institute of Technology