General Stock Investment Strategies/NY Times Mutual Fund Omission?

Hello again.
At the end of every quarter, the NY Sunday Times publishes a special "Mutual Funds Report" , reviewing the last quarter's results. A table is presented listing name, nature of fund, Morningstar Ratings, closing NAV, % return for the last quarter, year, and 5 years, expense ratio, securities' turnover rate, and manager's length of service. Amongst it's many funds, the Janus group offers it's eponymous "Janus Fund", a security which I own. In examining the listings in the Times' Report, I am unable to find this fund. While the abbreviated names used - which do not correspond to the ticker designations (JANSX for the Janus Fund) - can sometimes be obscure, by checking the closing NAV's (34.75 for the Janus Fund) one can usually find the desired entry. However, this has not worked this time around, and although there is the very remote chance this was a typographical error of omission, I seem to recall it having happened also last quarter. Any suggestions?

I would call the fund manager or cust service and ask them  whats up...but then i dont own funds and i have not wasted my time reading the NY Times in 10 years. Not interested in propaganda from the wall street boys.  3 questions..

how does your fund perform when compared to the dow

are you currently at a high or near a high and in profit

do you have a money market fund available

i ask these as we are about to hit a dow drop in my opinion ref the debt ceiling bull..when they start harping on this bull and the market starts to pull back, you should look at how your fund dropped related to the recent may/june normal correction when ibm dropped from around 205 to 191.

If your fund took a 10% or better hit, i would convert all my janus  to money market short term and wait for the resolution/

If you own 100 units and a price drop of 2 bucks occurred. that means every ten units is now 20 bucks cheaper to rebuy so 200 bucks made or to use to buy more janus units to hold for the next rise.

aug sept will be the next normal peak, then a drop to middle to end of oct and then a rise to jan 14... this is an avg trend movement..but the exact move can be shorter..example last year ibm a dow bellweather stock..hit a high on 18 april 2012 then pulled back to peak 5 bucks lower in may at 205  then pulled back to 183 by end of june and then rose by late sept back to 199 and over 200 by jan 13.

this year it was shorter and more direct..peaked april at 210 avg then big fast 15 buck drop follow by rising with the dow to 208 in may and then the normal pullback in june brought it to 191 for a 3 time bounce...

hits 191 went to 194 dropped to 191 went to 195 back to 191 now around 192

market manipulation at its best

good luck

General Stock Investment Strategies

I answer only public questions so all can benefit . there is a donation button.but its not necessary for you to donate to ask me a question. if you want to donate. it will go to my daughters education fund and I thank you. I do NOT endorse any of the website ads that will bring you to my answers. I have started a blog called ..AS Tbaarr Sees It.. tThats the only site where I might benefit from any ads,see below for the address. I dont care about ratings as i am not here to make you buy a service from me... If you want my opinion just ask me... I was a expert who was consistantly in the top ten.... I have found my screename,on google,being used without my permission to promote scottrade and other garbage... Ask me here first before you try any service that is claiming my screename or using it as a link.... PLEASE let me know at my webpage or blog.... .. ....So i can go after them Thank you MY BROKER OF CHOICE IS CHARLES SCHWAB

I retired in 1996 at the old age of 39 by using city based utilities and leap call options. on stocks like ibm and wal mart because you can control these stocks for 2 years for ten cents on the dollar.
As of 1998 I got married and went to work driving Big Rig in 2004 so I could provide my 2 daughters,who are 4 and 8 as of 2007, with QUALITY AFFORDABLE health insurance. THIS job still allows me to trade but will cause you a slightly longer wait for any answer.. I apologize for This but my families welfare comes first..
I am a investor only so i am not here to force anything on you and choose this site because it was free The subjects listed below cover the main reasons i feel justified to call myself an expert the stocks I trade and why my options strategy my use of credit cards how to achieve multiple card accounts some ways to get your first credit card,that i know work how to make approx 120 a year by simply paying your bills with a credit card any questions outside of these topics i will attempt to answer or just say sorry i cant help you

school of hard knocks. I am an out sourced electrical engineer with a Calculus background. This is what I used to create my stock trending formula and my trading technique. I was taught the basics by other traders so I now return the favor.