General Stock Investment Strategies/Banks

Hi. I'm in Australia, but I hope you can help me anyhow.
I'm wondering how I can go about finding out where the bank I'm thinking to invest some money in will invest that money. ie. where do banks put their money to 'grow' it.
The bank I'm interested in is the Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Cheers, Elizabeth

The only suggestion i can make is go to your local bank and ask the stock market rep where his banks invest. considering how they had to be bailed out i would not be to sure about them anyway.  there is a movie on netflix about BARINGS BANK OF ENGLAND and how it failed in 1995 due to bad investments.
Barings Bank was an English merchant bank based in London, and one of the world's oldest merchant banks. It was founded in 1762 and was owned by the German-origined Baring family.[1] The bank collapsed in 1995 after suffering losses of 827 million ($1.3 billion) resulting from poor speculative investments, primarily in futures contracts, conducted by an employee named Nick Leeson working at its office in Singapore.

this is the bank that financed the louisana purchase in the us a couple hundred years ago.

the movie was called rouge trader . its a 1999 release

so your plan may have some downside.

my plays are always stocks i have tracked long term and have graphs that indicate a down point ie a buy point..

i recently had a buy trigger when ibm dropped from 190 to 179 in late jan 2014.

i watched for a bottom and when it was 15 bucks down at 174 I bought 185 price strike call options as i know ibm has a 10 buck bouncback..

ibm hit 183 fri and nmy options were sold at a 180 per contract profit.

ibm is a safe strong company

its consistant

and its trackable

my opinion is by aug 2014 it will be over 200 a share.

thats 30 years of tracking this stock a my basis.

I used my profit to buy some jan 2016 240 strike call options.  as i play for safety

this is how i invest. I wish you luck in your choices

General Stock Investment Strategies

I answer only public questions so all can benefit . there is a donation button.but its not necessary for you to donate to ask me a question. if you want to donate. it will go to my daughters education fund and I thank you. I do NOT endorse any of the website ads that will bring you to my answers. I have started a blog called ..AS Tbaarr Sees It.. tThats the only site where I might benefit from any ads,see below for the address. I dont care about ratings as i am not here to make you buy a service from me... If you want my opinion just ask me... I was a expert who was consistantly in the top ten.... I have found my screename,on google,being used without my permission to promote scottrade and other garbage... Ask me here first before you try any service that is claiming my screename or using it as a link.... PLEASE let me know at my webpage or blog.... .. ....So i can go after them Thank you MY BROKER OF CHOICE IS CHARLES SCHWAB

I retired in 1996 at the old age of 39 by using city based utilities and leap call options. on stocks like ibm and wal mart because you can control these stocks for 2 years for ten cents on the dollar.
As of 1998 I got married and went to work driving Big Rig in 2004 so I could provide my 2 daughters,who are 4 and 8 as of 2007, with QUALITY AFFORDABLE health insurance. THIS job still allows me to trade but will cause you a slightly longer wait for any answer.. I apologize for This but my families welfare comes first..
I am a investor only so i am not here to force anything on you and choose this site because it was free The subjects listed below cover the main reasons i feel justified to call myself an expert the stocks I trade and why my options strategy my use of credit cards how to achieve multiple card accounts some ways to get your first credit card,that i know work how to make approx 120 a year by simply paying your bills with a credit card any questions outside of these topics i will attempt to answer or just say sorry i cant help you

school of hard knocks. I am an out sourced electrical engineer with a Calculus background. This is what I used to create my stock trending formula and my trading technique. I was taught the basics by other traders so I now return the favor.