General Stock Investment Strategies/RE:

Question
Hi Todd- One last question for you if you don't mind.  Do you feel it may be a good idea to sell my bond funds?  seems like a rate hike is on the near horizon

Russ

Answer
if ur funds are not tax free municipal then i am not truely qualified to say as i only buy tax free munis that are no load.

my opinion is I have traded since 1985 and have never found bonds an acceptable tool.

i will give u what i am in right now.

I am watching ibm to see if it ever breaks 170.  which i am starting to doubt will occur till after jan 2016.

and i currently hold cat options that are good till jan 2017.

they are the 85 dollar calls i bought at 700 a contract and expect to get 830 to 850 by may as cat will have a ex dividend in april and i feel the specialist will run this stock to jack the people who reinvest their dividends.

sorry i cant be more help as bonds never appealed to me with their low rate of return.  I like the 15% i should get from my cat trade.  even if i have to wait til july. big deal.  thats why the option is good till jan 2017

good luck

General Stock Investment Strategies

tbaarr