General Surgery/pelvic hematoma post surgery

Question
In early September I had laproscopic robotic surgery to remove cysts from both ovaries.  During surgery, it was found that I had extensive endometriosis and adhesions so besides removing just the cysts on the ovaries, both tubes were removed and endo was removed/cauterized. Plus a D&C was performed while I was in surgery due to spotting.
Prior to surgery,the cysts on my ovaries were watched/scanned over the course of 1.5 years but as the right one got larger, it was suggested that surgery be done.
From about day 2 after surgery, I had discomfort in the area of my L ovary - the side that bothered me for the past few years.   
It was suggested that because my ovary had been attached to my bowel, things were probably just sore and would get better.
Last week, 7 weeks later, because no improvement in the left side achiness and sometimes outright pain (more when sitting), I was sent for an ultrasound and a 5.5x5x3.5 adnexal mass was found on the left side - the radiologist noting it was most likely a hematoma but it wasn't definitive.   My surgeon still feels this is a hematoma and to watch it for 6 more weeks and have another ultrasound to see if its being absorbed.
I just can't imagine another surgery if the hematoma/mass has to be surgically removed - this last surgery ended up being longer and harder than they expected and general recovery was slow.
My question is once a hematoma has been around for 8 weeks in the pelvis, is there still a chance my body will reabsorb it?   Is there anything I can do to help it along?  
I'm 50, haven't gone through menopause yet, am pretty healthy and take armour thyroid and prozac.
Thank you so much for any encouragement on this.

Answer
Dear Kate,

Unfortunately, if the hematoma has not decreased in size after six weeks, surgery may be necessary. The surgery required to drain hematoma is far less painful than what you have going through. Recovery time will be much quicker as well. Wishing you all the best.

General Surgery

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, ACNP-BC