General Surgery/Lump

Question
Hi I had gallbladder surgery back in November of 2013. My gallbladder was severely inflamed. So my doctor did laparoscopothy and left my bell button open he said that is the way it is done now. He did cover it with gauze and all. So I go home 3-5 days later my belly button is leaking. I had MRSA from the surgery I got antibiotics it cleared up a month later did the same thing 2 months later I get cellulitus in my face and I had fluid around the belly button. That bought me a week vacation in the ER. To this day I still have problems. I get stabbing pains in my belly button. I get itchy feelings in my belly button and it turns red. I also had white dots in it 2 weeks ago the next day it turned brown. My surgeon said it was wax buildup and scrapped it out. I don't buy it but ok. So now I have pain on my left side bad. Right above the belly button on the left side I have a lump. Any ideas. My surgeon and infectious disease doctors won't help me anymore. The infectious disease doctor recommended a 2nd opinion from another surgeon. I for that this Friday. I also can not eat or drink it makes me want to throw up. I drink water coke no alcohol. That all makes me sick. I have to force myself to eat dinner. That is all I eat is dinner. 30 minutes later I get diarrhea. I never got that until 2 months ago. What do you think. I have also lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks something is not normal but everyone says it is. No one wants to help me. I have also tried a bland and brat diet no difference. Thanks.

Answer
Dear Sean,

I am sorry for all you are going through. You did not mention if you have had any imaging. I would strongly recommend a CT scan with IV and oral contrast dye to see what is going on in the abdomen. Please reply to this message if you have had imaging done. I would like to know what the findings were. It will better help me to help you.  

General Surgery

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, ACNP-BC