General Writing and Grammar Help/driver or driver's license

Grammar check wrote at 2012-09-13 22:36:29
Not trying to be difficult but as a FYI , the word shows is not  " show's "

Amy wrote at 2012-10-01 21:17:18
Not a big deal but I wanted to point out that the response posted here, although correct, has major missuse of the apostrophe in the words 'show's' and 'state's'.  Might just want to make sure that the experts have correct grammar, especially when responding to a grammatical question:)

Caryn Bennett wrote at 2012-10-04 15:19:16
I disagree with your answer. I believe "Driver License" is correct. A person can have a driver license, a medical license (not "medical's") a law license (not "law's") or a phlebotomy license (not "phlebotomy's". In this case, "driver" is an adjective and does describe this particular type of license.

Lisa wrote at 2013-02-26 15:54:37
Ohio says Driver License on the driver's license and all over is BMV website

Dane wrote at 2013-03-28 13:51:17
This guy did the research on a state by state level. Seems Driver License is most common, however it makes me crazy driving by the sign everyday. I wonder what year and what bureaucrat came up with this and started changing it.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Anne Benington

I can answer questions about English grammar, style, usage. I can also help a writer assess the development of an essay, its unity, concrete support of topics, introductions and conclusions. In addition, I can discuss "writing the research paper" in all aspects of its development. Finally, I can assist in development of creative writing assignments. I will not totally proofread and correct a paper, but I will point out areas of concern and ways a writer can discover weaknesses and how to correct them.

20 years teaching high school English including 10 years teaching AP English literature; four years teaching college composition

BS St. Mary of the Woods College, Indiana MA University of Notre Dame, Indiana Post graduate work: University of Michigan, University of Pittsburg

Crystal Apple Outstanding Teacher of the Year award--1995--Awarded yearly to four teachers in all schools, public, private and parochial, in the Middletown, Edgewood, Madison school dictricts, Ohio. Archdiocese of Cincinnati Innovative Teaching Award 1996. Teacher of the Year Award, Fenwick High School, Middletown, OH, 2002,