General Writing and Grammar Help/Be around each other

Question
Dear Ted:

What does "to be around each other" mean?

Would you please give me some examples of how to use the above expression/phrase?

As always, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** It simply means that two people have known each other for a period of time.  They may be friends or acquaintances.

Would you please give me some examples of how to use the above
expression/phrase?

*** John and Mary have been around each other since they met in elementary school.

I can't remember when my best friend and I have been apart.  We go everywhere and do everything together.  He's is like my twin.  We have been around each other since we were very young children.

Jack and Jane had been living together for five years.  They were around each other all the time.  Last week, they finally decided to get married.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt