General Writing and Grammar Help/IN my computer - ON my computer #2

Question
Dear Ted

If the example below is grammatically correct, should I use "in" or "on" before "my computer"?

I have a folder called/titled/entitled "Ted Nesbitt's answers" in/on my computer. In this folder I have stored all of his answers to my ESL questions / all his answers to my ESL questions.

As always, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

I have a folder called/titled/entitled "Ted Nesbitt's answers" in/on my
computer. In this folder I have stored all of his answers to my ESL questions /
all his answers to my ESL questions.

*** The sentence is correct, and you should use ON MY COMPUTER.

There is probably an "icon" that looks like a folder.  The icon is ON your computer.  BUT, the messages you have saved are IN the folder, which is ON your computer.

Computer technician to Ted:  Do you have an anti-virus program running ON your computer?

Computer technician to Ted:  I have found a dangerous virus IN your e-mail program.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt