General Writing and Grammar Help/Grammar & Writing

Hi! I am Ali Ahmadian, an English teacher. I would be so thankful if you could help me to select the best choice in the following tests.
1. In photosynthesis, sunlight and heat make (natural - chemical) energy (in the form of wood or fossil fuel).
2. The ancient Greek started fire with (focused - concentrated) sunlight.
3. My teacher told me to act (firmly - confidently), even if I feel nervous.

Hi Ali,

My apologies for the long delay. Apparently the answer that I typed up a few days ago did not get sent. :(

1. Natural. Sunlight and Heat are not chemicals. You cannot find sunlight in the periodic table, therefore sunlight and heat make natural energy.
2. Focused. Although the light comes as a concentrated beam of light-energy, it arrives in that state by being re-focused by a giant lens.
3. Confidently. Acting firmly means to act hard and unyielding, like a drill sergeant. To act Confidently is just to portray an attitude of "I can do this!" to the world.

I hope this helps. Apologies again for the delay.

Warm Regards,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn

I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.

I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company (before you ask, we're not accepting submissions at this time). I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)