General Writing and Grammar Help/Low-cut jeans & low-rise jeans

Question
Dear Ted:

What is the difference between "low-cut jeans" and "low-rise jeans"?

As always, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

I can't find a difference.  Apparently, "low-cut" and "low-rise" are synonyms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-rise_jeans

Low-rise jeans, worn by both men and women, are jeans intended to sit low on, or below, the hips. They are also called lowcut jeans, hipsters, hip-huggers and lowriders. Usually they sit at least 8 centimetres (3 inches) lower than the belly button. Low-rise jeans have existed since the 1960s, but regained popularity in the 2000s.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt