General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: The payments of/on your credit..................

Question
Dear Ted:

You wrote the following:

It means that you make a regular [once a month] payments to reduce your credit card balance.

My question is this:

Did you mean to write, "It means that you make a regular [once a month] payment to reduce your credit card balance" or "It means that you make regular [once a month] payments to reduce your credit card balance"?

As always, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Did you mean to write, "It means that you make a regular [once a month] payment
to reduce your credit card balance" or "It means that you make regular [once a
month] payments to reduce your credit card balance"?

*** I am unhappy that I typed the sentence carelessly.  "Payments" is the correct word.

BUT, I am happy that you discovered my error.  Your proofreading skills are very good.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt