General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: Go into a place - go in to a place

Question
QUESTION: Dear Ted:

You gave the following example:

I cannot go IN TO all of the details now.  I'll have to explain them to you later.

My question is:

Is it "to go IN TO details" or "to go INTO details"?

Again, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

ANSWER: Dear Paolo:

My question is:

I shouldn't have added the extra word, although it is correct.

The answer is "to go IN TO details."

Ted

QUESTION: Dear Ted:

What do you mean by "I shouldn't have added the extra word, although it is correct"?

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Your question contained two examples, neither of which contained the word "all."  When I wrote my example, I included the word "all."  My sentence was correct -- WITH and word "all" OR WITHOUT the word.

I thought that I might have confused you by adding the extra word.  That's what I meant by my reply.  I should have just written "I cannot go in to the details now."  However, my adding "all of" is also correct -- just another way of saying it.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt