General Writing and Grammar Help/Stunning busty brunette, Nika Noire,...

Question
Dear Ted:

Do you find the use of commas around the name "Nika Noire" correct in the sentence below?

Stunning busty brunette, Nika Noire, catches some rays in her naughty bikini and sunglasses and heats things up when she takes it all off!

Again, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Do you find the use of commas around the name "Nika Noire" correct in the
sentence below?

Stunning busty brunette, Nika Noire, catches some rays in her naughty bikini and
sunglasses and heats things up when she takes it all off!

*** YES.  It is correct.  Paolo, please keep in mind that the word or words enclosed in commas [the appositive] are NOT as important as the subject of the sentence.  Thus, in this sentence, the word "brunette" [as the subject] is emphasized.  Also, you ought to put a comma between "stunning" and "busty."  She is a stunning brunette, and she is also a busty brunette.

I would write the sentence this way:

Nika Noire, a stunning, busty brunette, catches some rays in her naughty bikini and sunglasses and heats things up when she takes it all off!

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt