General Writing and Grammar Help/Suppose that, supposing that & let's suppose

Question
Dear Ted:

Are there any differences among "Suppose that.....," "Supposing that.....," and "Let's suppose....." when all of three are used at the beginning of a sentence?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

As always, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, is it "All of three are used....." or "All three are used....."?

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Are there any differences among "Suppose that.....," "Supposing that.....," and
"Let's suppose....." when all of three are used at the beginning of a sentence?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

**** There is no difference in meaning.  

SUPPOSE THAT -- introduces a scene or example without the understood subject "you."

[YOU] suppose that a large number of people will attend the meeting.  However, if your context makes it clear, the supposition could include more than just "you."  Then, it is the same as your third example.

SUPPOSING THAT -- uses a participle to introduce the supposition.

Supposing that a large number of people will attend the meeting, we must make certain that there are a sufficient number of chairs.

LET'S SUPPOSE -- indicates that more than one person is involved in the supposition [i.e., LET US]

Let's suppose that a large number of people will attend the meeting.

Ted

*** All three ARE used.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt