General Writing and Grammar Help/due to

Question
I am attempting to cancel a meeting but can't think of a way to type it professionally.

I typed:  Today's meeting is being canceled dut to low attendance and no pressing agenda topics.

Answer
=Due= is only when you are talking about library books.  If you're talking about cause, it's =because=.

Today's meeting is being cancelled because of low attendance and no pressing agenda topics.

~~

You could re-cast the =no pressing agenda topics= part by saying:

Today's meeting is being cancelled because of low attendance and because there is no pressing agenda topics.

~~

You need to do something about attendance.  You mean projected low attendance!

Today's meeting is being cancelled because of projected low attendance and no pressing agenda topics.

~~

That said, I wouldn't mention projected attendance at all because it is implicit in that statement that you expect low attendance!  Instead, focus on lack of items needing immediate action.

Better:

Today's meeting is being cancelled because there are no pressing agenda topics needing immediate attention.

mb

General Writing and Grammar Help

Martha Beth Lewis