General Writing and Grammar Help/Enter & leave the highway

Question
Dear Ted:

Do "to ENTER the highway" and "to LEAVE the highway" exist?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

Also, would you please give me some alternatives/phrasal verbs for "to enter the highway" and "to leave the highway"?

As always, many, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, Is the question "Also, would you please give me some alternatives/phrasal verbs FOR 'to enter the highway' and 'to leave the highway'?" correctly formulated or should I have written, "Also, would you please give me some alternatives/phrasal verbs TO 'to enter the highway' and 'to leave the highway'?"

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** They exist.

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

**** ENTER THE HIGHWAY shortly after you pass by supermarket.

**** Cars ENTER THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY by using an "on ramp."

**** Cars LEAVE THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY by using on "off ramp."

**** After you LEAVE THE HIGHWAY, turn right at the next intersection.

Also, would you please give me some alternatives/phrasal verbs for "to enter the
highway" and "to leave the highway"?

**** Drive onto the highway.  Drive off the highway at the next exit.  There are special roads called "ramps" for entering and leaving major highways.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, Is the question "Also, would you please give me some
alternatives/phrasal verbs FOR 'to enter the highway' and 'to leave the
highway'?" correctly formulated or should I have written, "Also, would you
please give me some alternatives/phrasal verbs TO 'to enter the highway' and 'to
leave the highway'?"

The end punctuation for the sentences should be this: ' " ?  Your sentences are questions, so they must have a final punctuation mark for questions -- a question mark.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt