General Writing and Grammar Help/Get off the highway

Question
Dear Ted:

Does "to GET OFF the highway" exist?

If so, does it have the same meaning as "to LEAVE the highway"?

Also, what is the opposite of "to get off the highway"? Maybe "to get ON/ONTO the highway"?

Again, mamy, many thanks for your valuable help.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, what TV series are you following these days? Right now, I am watching NCIS on FoxCrime.

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Does "to GET OFF the highway" exist?

Yes -- to both questions.  We also say "get off/leave the road."

Also, what is the opposite of "to get off the highway"? Maybe "to get ON/ONTO
the highway"?

*** Get ON THE HIGHWAY.

Paolo

P.S. Ted, what TV series are you following these days? Right now, I am watching
NCIS on FoxCrime.

I watch NCIS and the two other CSI programs -- Las Vegas and New York.
I don't know if you get our "cable only" networks, like TNT, TBS, and USA.  I find their dramatics programs to be more creative that those of the major networks.  "Covert Affairs,"
"Suits," "Burn Notice," and "Leverage" are four of my favorites.  They require you to pay attention so that you don't get lost in the plots.  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt