General Writing and Grammar Help/Keep a record

Question
Dear Ted:

Are the following sentences correct and natural?

1) As you probably know, I keep a record of all your answers on my computer in a folder called "Ted Nesbitt."

2) As you probably know, I save all your answers on my computer in a folder called "Ted Nesbitt."

If both are possible, which would you use?

In your own words, how would you express the concept I have tried to outline in the above sentences?

Thank you,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

1) As you probably know, I keep a record of all your answers on my computer in a
folder called "Ted Nesbitt."

2) As you probably know, I save all your answers on my computer in a folder
called "Ted Nesbitt."

In your own words, how would you express the concept I have tried to outline in
the above sentences?

*** Both are acceptable, but the second one is better.  My problem with the first version is
the string of prepositional phrases:  of all your answers + on my computer + in a folder.

The second version has just two prepositional phrases, and I would use it.

Here's my version:  As you probably know, I have a computer folder called "Ted Nesbitt."  I place all your answers in it.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt