General Writing and Grammar Help/question distinction:

I have been debating this guy online and we are stuck on 2 questions and whether they are different from a language perspective:

Question 1:

Does God Exist?

Question 2:

Do you believe god exists?

He says they are asking the same thing.

I on the other hand say they have 2 different subjects and 2 different actions>

Question 1: the subject is God and he action is existing>

Question 2: the subject is you and the action is believing.

who is right?

1) Does God Exist?

That is asking a general question requiring proof to back up the answer either way.........

2) Do you believe god exists?

That is a personal belief and would not require any proof because beliefs and faith are like opinions or likes and dislikes- no proof is demanded of a belief.......

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.