General Writing and Grammar Help/Most

Question
Dear Ted:

Does the word "most" fit in the sentence below?

The company has had ........ of its employees taking sick leave and it has decided to crack down on absenteeism.

Thank you,

Paolo

P.S. Is the question "Does the word 'most' fit in the sentence below?" correctly written? If not, would you please rephrase it for me? Thank you.

Answer
Dear Paolo:

The company has had ........ of its employees taking sick leave and it has
decided to crack down on absenteeism.

*** "Most" does fit, if you define most as more than 50%.  If there are a number of people
using sick leave, but the number is under 50%, I suggest using "MANY."

Thank you,

Paolo

P.S. Is the question "Does the word 'most' fit in the sentence below?" correctly
written? If not, would you please rephrase it for me? Thank you.

*** YES, it is.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt