General Writing and Grammar Help/meaning of "stick with it"

Question
Dear Ted,
I'm not sure if I'm using the expression "stick with it" correctly in the following sentences. In other words, do they make sense and are they grammatically correct?
1. I'm going to stick with working out at the gym at least twice a week.
2. No matter what, I'm going to stick with learning English.

Answer
Dear Glen:

I'm not sure if I'm using the expression "stick with it" correctly in the
following sentences. In other words, do they make sense and are they
grammatically correct?

*** Both sentences are correct.  "Stick with it" means that you are going to continue
what you have been doing.  An Americanism is "keep on."  

Many years ago, someone asked how long should a person stick with it or keep on before he should stop his practice.  The point is that there MAY come a time when it is no longer worth continuing your "dedication" to something.  There was a response to this "how long" question, and that is, if the work is worthwhile and has great benefits, one should NEVER stop.  Thus, a new phrase was invented:  "Keep on keeping on."

In other words, "Never give up."

That's my little message for today.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt