General Writing and Grammar Help/Please correct this for me

Question
Dear Dr Johnson, Hope you are doing good. Last time you were a great help and would much appreciate if you could correct this letter for me.

Pls see

I Came… I Saw… I Waited… And I Waited….And I Waited…Even Julias Cesare, would have had to re quote himself did he wish to immigrate to USA in the present age.

Dear Mr President,

Let me begin by congratulating you on your re election. This election and the previous one, I did not miss a single debate hoping that somewhere, somehow you will mention me!

Me/I as in hundred and thousand of legal skilled workers present here on H1’s. I, who has been in the US from India on H1 for almost 4 years and almost 6 years before, work hard and long hours,  pay my taxes religiously every month, contribute towards social security, abide by the rules and regulations to the r’s and the t’s, contribute to the well being of the society in the best of capacity and capability.

Still, why? I am ignored everytime there is a talk of immigration reforms, Why do I have to wait for years to receive permanent residency? Back home and on every international platform I had been hearing about the greatness of this country. I have only heard that in America you make your own destiny then why do I have to be dependent on my employer, relatives or even my kids (US born citizens) to allow me to work and live independently.

Sir, next time you sit discussing US immigration system please take a few moments to think about the numbers of pending permanent residency applications from India and China

Mr President, Please help me realize MY AMERICAN DREAM!!!

Answer
Hello Shilpa - and thanks for your question.

Here is my edited version, with one or two minor changes.

Dear Mr President

Let me begin by congratulating you on your re-election. During this election and the previous one I did not miss a single debate, hoping that somewhere, somehow, you would mention me.

Like hundreds and thousands of legal skilled workers present here on H1’s. I have been in the US from India for almost four years and almost six years before that. I work hard and long hours,  pay my taxes religiously every month, contribute towards social security, abide by the rules and regulations, and contribute to the well being of the society in the best of capacity and capability.

Why am I ignored every time there is a talk of immigration reforms? Why do I have to wait for years to receive permanent residency? Back home and on every international platform I had been hearing about the greatness of this country. I have only heard that in America you make your own destiny: then why do I have to be dependent on my employer, relatives, or even my kids (US born citizens) to allow me to work and live independently?

Sir, next time you sit discussing US immigration system please take a few moments to think about the numbers of pending permanent residency applications from India and China.

Mr President, Please help me to realize My American Dream.  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Roy Johnson