General Writing and Grammar Help/Thank you in a local paper

Question
Hi, I am trying to write a thank you for our local paper for the outreach of the public after an accident involving a family member. At the end of the "thank you" I wanted to sign it from the main couple it is involving to make it personal, and also the family. How is the best way to sign this? I want their names to be listed first, and family at the end, but then there are two "Ands" in the signature.

Ex: John & Jane Doe and family

Thanks for the answer!

Answer
Hi Machelle,

If you would like to pen the conclusion formally use either two ampersands, or two "ands", but do not mix and match the ampersand with the word and. Of course, you could circumvent that issue altogether by writing something like "John, Jane, & family Doe".

Kind Regards,
-Johnathan

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn