General Writing and Grammar Help/I want to turn my dreams "into reality / into a reality"

Question
Dear Ted,
I'm not sure if I should say "into reality" or "into a reality" in the following sentences, or if both ways are grammatically correct. In other words, do both of the following sentences make sense and are they both grammatically correct?
1. I want to turn my dreams "into reality".
2. I want to turn my dreams "into a reality".

Answer
Dear Glen:

I'm not sure if I should say "into reality" or "into a reality" in the following
sentences, or if both ways are grammatically correct. In other words, do both of
the following sentences make sense and are they both grammatically correct?

*** Both are correct.  In English, there are many phrases that can be written in either of two ways.  This is particularly true about whether or not to include the articles "a," "an," and "the."

The choice is left to the writer.  I prefer "into reality," but that is just MY choice.  If you have just ONE dream, I would include the article, making the sentence "I want to turn my DREAM into A REALITY.  But, again, the choice is up to the writer.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt