General Writing and Grammar Help/Off - from

Question
Dear Ted:

Which of the following sentences is grammatically correct?

1) "Six Degrees of Separation" is the second single released OFF the album released on 26th November 2012.

2) "Six Degrees of Separation" is the second single released FROM the album released on 26th November 2012.

Thank you,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

1) "Six Degrees of Separation" is the second single released OFF the album
released on 26th November 2012.

2) "Six Degrees of Separation" is the second single released FROM the album
released on 26th November 2012.

*** Although either one could be used, I think that FROM is the better choice.  I am interpreting "released" to mean that the song was TAKEN FROM the album.

By the way, using "released" twice is redundant.  The sentence is not a good one.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt