General Writing and Grammar Help/meaning of the word "conducive"

Question
Dear Ted,
Am I using the word "conducive" correctly in the following sentence? Also, can you please give me a few more examples of how to use the word "conducive".
"A noisy classroom isn't conducive to learning."

Answer
Dear Glen:

*** Your sentence is correct.  A situation is "conducive" if it provides a welcome or hospitable atmosphere.

EXAMPLES:

The unruly behavior of the men walking the picket line was not conducive to solving the labor problems of the company.

Everyone in our class got along with each other, except for Jane and Mary.  Their constant arguing caused a feeling of animosity which was not conducive for the entire class to study together.

Each country came to the disarmament meeting convinced that it must keeps its own weapons.  That attitude was not conducive for a productive meeting.

Ted  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt