General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: Italian accessories label....

Question
Dear Ted:

Reconsider the following sentence:

Iíve been a fan of Francesco Russo ever since he took the helm of the Italian accessories label Sergio Rossi.

My question is this:

Doesn't the use of the article "the" before "Italian accessories label Sergio Rossi" indicates or suggests that, in Italy, there is only ONE accessories label whose name is Sergio Rossi?

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

Reconsider the following sentence:

My question is this:

*** Your thinking is correct.  If you had used "an" instead of "the," you would be suggesting that there is more than one Sergio Rossi -- or Sergio Rossi label.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt