General Writing and Grammar Help/cleft

Dear sir
I have a question about "cleft structure". Is this statement a correct cleft:
"What is important to me is that..."
I mean can I use what + to be clause + is ?
Best Regards,

Hi Makhmal!

Sorry for such a late reply to such a simple question.

Both structures are correct!  You could start the cleft with a relative pronoun (that, how, why, when, etc.) followed by a complete sentence, or you could start it with the preposition "to" and follow it up with a verb and possibly an object.

What is important to me is that you come to my party.

What is important to me is to see my friends.

are both correct.

Hope that helps!

General Writing and Grammar Help

Anything to do with word usage and/or grammar, plus the fundamentals on almost any type of writing (especially creative writing, such as poetry, short stories, movie/dramatic scripts, etc.)

Majored in English literature in college; have published short stories and poems, currently teaching English as a second language to foreigners

As mentioned above, a bachelor's in English Literature and also a CELTA certification which enables me to teach English as a second language to foreigners.

Editor's Choice for a national poetry contest. 2nd prize for a short story in a city-wide short story contest.