General Writing and Grammar Help/paraphrasing into plain meaning & structure

Question
Dear Brian,
Are lion heads unique stylization characteristic in the below? It's hard for me to get at the real connotation in the whole sentence, particularly, because of the combination of 'some' and 'but.'    

Some, like lion heads, were popular throughout the entire region and beyond, but were given unique stylization characteristic of the Achaemenid period.

Answer
Hi Yangkun!

Sorry for the very late response!

No, lion heads themselves are not unique styliation characteristics.  Lion heads WERE GIVEN unique stylization characteristics.  That means the people gave lion heads special characterizations when making them, to make them unique/different from other lion heads.

Hope that helps!

General Writing and Grammar Help

Brian