General Writing and Grammar Help/usage of the expression "doors of opportunity"

Question
Hello Sally,
I'm not sure if I'm using the expression "doors" and "doors of opportunity" correctly. In other words, do the following sentences make sense and are they grammatically correct?
1. A college degree will open many doors for you.
2. Having a college degree will open many doors for you.
3. A college degree will open many doors of opportunity for you.
4. Having a college degree will open many doors of opportunity for you.

Answer
Hi, Glen,

You are using the phrases and words correctly in all 4 examples. However, in American English, you don't need the phrases "of opportunity" to accompany "doors," since the meaning is clear without that phrase.

Best to you.  Please rank my response.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.