General Writing and Grammar Help/How are you doing?

Question
Dear Ted:

How are you? How is your recovery going along? I see from your Facebook posts that you also had or underwent medical treatment on your eyes. Both or just one of them? How is your eyesight now?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Take care,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** FOR SOME REASON, ALLEXPERTS STILL HAS THIS QUESTION IN MY INBOX.  WILL YOU PLEASE RATE IT, SO THAT IT WILL BE REMOVED?  Grazie, Ted

**************************************

You are one of the very few people from Allexperts who have a Facebook account -- or, at least, who follow me on Facebook.

My hip has been healing better than expected.  Everyone -- doctor, nurses, physical therapists -- think I am exceptional.  I have occasional pain in my knee and ankle, but the severe hip and full-leg pain has lessened.  I am not using a walker.  I carry a cane with me, but that's more for psychological purposes.

The eye is a different matter.  Macular degeneration [the "wet" kind when blood forms behind your eyeball] is not curable.  I am undergoing a series of "eye injections" and they are NOT something I wish on anyone.  I have a checkup on Wednesday.  But my next injection is scheduled in a few weeks.  They are once a month, until the condition is cleared up.  My right eye vision is completely blurred for three days after an injection.

Anyhow, I have survived.  And, I am waiting for a lot of grammar questions from ITALY!

Thank you for writing, Paolo.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt