General Writing and Grammar Help/agreement in number

Question
Does this phrase " the interface resistance on both sides of  interfaces",  

If I want to say there is resistance 1 on side 1 and resistance 2 on side 2  of an interface, should the expression be written as
' resistances on both sides of the interface' OR should the expression be written as ' resistance on both sides of the inteface'?

If 'resistances on both sides of the interface' is written, couldn't this be misinterpreted as being many resistances on both sides, for examples, resistances 1, 2, 3 ... on side 1 and resistances 1, 2, 3 on side 2?

But if I write 'resistance on both sides of the interface' , isn't there a number agreement problem?

How can we write that there is resistance on side 1 and resistance on side 2 of the interface?

Thank you

Answer
There is no plural to "resistance."

To indicate side one and side two, the use of "both sides" states it.

When stating "both sides," is indication that it has two sides; as in a coin or any object that has a front and back: two sides.

So all you need to say is: Resistance on both sides of the interface....................  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett