General Writing and Grammar Help/Grammar,Writing, making reference

Question
Hi!
I would be so grateful if you help me to find the reference of others in the following text.

From 1726 to 1729 he lived as an exile in England. He saw a society where there was far more freedom than he had known in France and far greater tolerance for the opinions and beliefs of others.
The word "others" in the last line refers to .
1) people         2) opinions
3) societies         4) freedom and tolerance

Thanks a lot, Ahmadian

Answer
Hi Ali,

Sorry about the late reply.

in this example the "others" in the last line implies "other people".

Society is a collection of people. Essentially this sentence reads; "He saw a group of people who had far more freedom than he had known in France, and far greater tolerance for the opinions and beliefs of other people."

Kind Regards,
-Johnathan  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn