General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: AND - TO

Question
Dear Ted:

In answer to my question about the use of "and" and "to," you wrote the following:

IF the meaning is that Lisa put on the bikini SO THAT she could go outside, only #2 is correct.  The infinitive phrase -- to go outside to catch some rays by the pool -- tells WHY she decided to slip into a bikini.  In short, her decision brought was made by her desire to go outside.  

My queston is this:

What does "brought" mean in "In short, her decision brought was made by her desire to go outside"? Is it a typo? Or did you mean to write something different?

Again, thank you very much for the help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

My queston is this:

*** I don't know what I was thinking.  I believe that I first typed "her decision was brought about by her desire to go outside."  Because I thought that my phrasing was too "wordy," I changed my phrase to "was made."  I carelessly forgot to delete "brought."  

Here is better wording:  In short, her decision WAS BASED on her desire to go outside.

Paolo, it is so cold here, the thought of someone being in a bikini makes me shiver!

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt