General Writing and Grammar Help/word for?


A cigar absorbs the odor of cedar and that changes the flavor in aging.
What is a word for a product that absorbs odors like this?

Thank you so much

Hi Mike,

if you are talking about a commercial product that removes odors from the air then you would mean either an deodorizer, or an "anti-odorant".

If you mean something that inherently absorbs a smell and changes it's properties...I'm not sure.


General Writing and Grammar Help

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Johnathan Clayborn


I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.


I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company. I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]