General Writing and Grammar Help/expect sth OF, FROM

Question
QUESTION: Hello there

How are you?

Is there any difference between "EXPECT sth FROM sb" and "EXPECT sth OF sb" in English? If so, what is the difference?

Thank you a lot

ANSWER: I don't know what the question is.

what is "sth" and "sb"???????????

QUESTION: Thanks.

Sth= something

Sb= somebody

Let me ask you my question differently. which choice is correct?

"That's not the sort of behaviour I expect ........ you."
a) of
b) from

Please explain your reasons.
Thank you

Answer
http://esl.about.com/od/grammarstructures/a/Difference-Between-Of-And-From.htm (by By Kenneth Beare)

FROM

From - Origins

"From" is generally used to express that something originates from something else, that something comes from somewhere, or some person.

For example,

Jack comes from Portland.
This formula derives from the work of Peter Schimmel.
This pearl comes from the South Pacific.

Of - Possession

"Of" is mainly used as a possessive.

For example,

He's a friend of mine.
The color of the house is red.

It is important to remember that it is more common to use the possessive 's' or the possessive adjective in English, than to use 'of' - even if 'of' is grammatically correct. Thus, the sentences above would generally be in these forms:

He's my friend.
The house's color is red.
_______________________________________________________________________________

"That's not the sort of behaviour I expect FROM you."

("From" is generally used to express that something originates from something else, that something comes from somewhere, or some person = "you" the person the speaker is talking to = origin.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett